21/09/2009

No Mabon for Carmarthen

Following the comments published on this blog and elsewhere about potential successors to Adam Price as Plaid hopeful in the Carmarthen East and Dinefwr constituency Mabon ap Gwynfor has asked me to publish this statement:

Plaid Cymru, Carmarthen East and Dinefwr - Mabon ap Gwynfor


Mabon ap Gwynfor, Plaid Cymru Co-ordinator for Dwyfor Meirionnydd and Ceredigion and former Parliamentary Candidate for Brecon and Radnorshire has announced that he will not be putting his name forward as a candidate for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr, following Adam Price MP’s decision to stand down at the next general election.


Mabon said:

“It’s an honour and a privilege to have been named as a possible candidate for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr, but I will not be putting my name forward for nomination. Having seen the other names that have been mentioned as possible candidates it is obvious that the party has no shortage of quality politicians in the waiting, and I know that whoever gets nominated to follow Adam will be an excellent candidate.


“If there will be any role for me in Welsh National politics in the future then I would like it to be in Cardiff Bay. But my focus is on raising my family, and ensuring a successful election result for both Elfyn Llwyd in Dwyfor Meirionnydd and Penri James in Ceredigion.”


Mabon added, “I must take this opportunity to wish Adam the best of luck in the U.S. , and hope that we will see him serving the people of Wales again soon, but next time in Cardiff Bay!”


Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment