29/09/2008

Murphy for Wales and Scotland?

Back in January Tomos Livingstone asked Will Brown merge the departments for the devolved nations this year? David Cornock has also suggested that such a move might be imminent. If 'senior Whitehall sources' quoted in yesterday's Scotland on Sunday are to be believed this much heralded event won't happen in the next cabinet reshuffle due to be announced during the next few days.

Although with Jim Murphy being tipped as the person most likely to become the next Scottish Secretary and with little likelihood of Paul Murphy losing the Wales Office, perhaps we are being softened up for a merger by having a Mr Murphy doing both jobs.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say that I really love this website and I love Scotland! I hope you guys will love my new blog, it is for people from Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness. 'Experience - Scotland' is my first blog but it is a lot of fun: (http://www.experience-dating.com/free-online-dating/free-online-dating/scotland.html)

    ReplyDelete